Wireless printing eliminates the clutter created by messy cables and free the user from the confinement of printing from a single connected device. A wireless printer can connect to a mobile device with the same ease as it connects with a desktop or laptop. This simple post on how to connect Hp DeskJet 2622 to wifi will be very useful if you are attempting a new Hp printer wireless connection or if there is a connection error with a previously connected wireless DeskJet 2622 printer.
Pre-requisite for wifi connection
● Make sure you have the network information that is, the network name and its passcode.
● Your router is powered On and can access the network.
● The printer is placed within the vicinity of your router’s range.
● WiFi direct is disabled, as it won’t allow the wireless connection.
● Press and hold the wireless button and resume button at the same time to disable WiFi direct
Bring the printer to setup mode
For the first time installation, the hp printer remains in setup mode for two hours. In case you are reconnecting your hp DeskJet 2622 then you need to reset the network setting and configure the printer to setup mode.
● On the printer’s control panel press and hold the WiFi and cancel button simultaneously.
● Hold them both until you see the power button starts flashing.
● Release the button. The Hp 2622 DeskJet printer is now in setup mode and you can connect it to wifi.
Simple methods to connect Hp DeskJet 2622 printer to a wifi network
Download and install the printer-specific drivers and software on your PC.
Connect the printer to the same wireless network as that of your PC.
Launch the printer software application, and on the connection screen select wireless.
Follow instructions to finish the procedure, then close the application.
Connect Hp DeskJet 2622 printer to WiFi via WPS
You can easily connect the Hp printer to wifi using WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) connection mode:
● To enable the WPS mode press and hold the wireless button for about five seconds.
● The printer will remain in WPS mode for two minutes, so promptly press the WPS push button on your router too. Also hold it for two to three seconds to enable and initiate a WPS connection.
● If everything goes correctly, the wireless light will stop flashing indicative of a successful connection.
Connect Hp DeskJet 2622 printer to wifi using Hp smart app
● If you don’t have the Hp smart app download and install it from the Hp download webpage.
● When installed launch the app on your PC and Click on Printer’s icon. You will find it on the left panel of the screen.
● Select set up a new printer option. It will enable the discovery mode for your wireless network.
● The app will instruct you to download and install Hp printer drivers and software if not already installed.
● Click on the Continue button on the screen.
● Choose your Wi-Fi network, and provide the password if prompted.
● Now sit back. The rest of the process is automatic. The app will begin the setup process.
● If your printer is in Wireless setup mode it will detect the network and connect to it.