Complete Guide to setup & install your Norton Antivirus
To prevent your computer devices from cyber-attacks and infection from Viruses, trojans, and rootkits one must install a powerful Antivirus software. Now there is no shortage of Security programs out there in the market, but they are as capable of protecting their users from internet threats as they claim is a subject of debate.
But there are few Antivirus programs that users trust and Norton is one such program. One of the oldest in its field, Norton has built a strong reputation amongst its users. If you happened to be a new Norton user, you have to Complete the Norton.com/setup to enjoy all the latest Security features offered Norton.
Complete Norton.com/setup process
- You have to first buy a Norton subscription. You can do it both online and offline.
- Once you have a Norton subscription, head to the official Norton website to Register an account which You will use to manage and download Norton products.
- Once you have your account ready, Login to it and download the Norton Security suite available with your plan.
- Install the Norton product on your computer and then activate it to complete the Norton setup procedure.
Getting started with Norton.com/setup
Norton antivirus has certain system requirements that your device must fulfill before you begin the installation process:
- You should have a valid Norton subscription plan before you begin the Norton setup process.
- There must not be another antivirus installed on your device. If such is the case remove the other antivirus completely before you install Norton on your device.
- You must ensure that your device meets the system requirements necessary to run Norton antivirus to its full potential. You can easily check the requirements on its official website.
- You must ensure that your system is up to date to the latest available version.
- Lastly, your device must be clean from all the junk files as these could disrupt the installation process and you might get an error.
How to find the Norton product key?
Norton product key is the most important component in the Norton setup and activation process. Without a valid Norton product key, you cannot verify your purchase, activate your Norton subscription plan and start the Norton.com/setup procedure.
Norton key is a 25 character secret code that comes with every Norton purchase. How you will get the key depends on the method of the purchase. In the online product purchase, you will receive an email with the product key and in an offline purchase, you will get a retail card in the Norton antivirus packaging with a secret code printed on the back.
Once you have retrieved the code keep it safe as you can be asked to present it anytime during the subscription period.
Download the Norton antivirus Installer on your device
When you have the secret digit code, you can move to the next step of Norton setup. That is to download Norton Installer on your computer system.
- Launch a browser on your device and enter Norton.com/setup in the address bar.
- When you hit enter, you will be taken to the Norton home page.
- Click on the enter a product key button. On the next screen, you will see the account registration form. This is for the new user only, if you already have an account registered just choose the sign-in option.
- Fill all the details on the account registration page. You will be asked to enter your full name, your email address, and then to create a password. Make sure you choose a strong password.
- Once you have provided all the information, click on the register button.
- Depending upon your subscription you will see a list of Norton products available to download.
- The operating system will be detected automatically by the download page but if it does not specify the OS for which you want to download the Installer.
- Click on the download button next to the product to kickstart the download process.
- You also have the option to send a download link if you wish to download the installation files to another device. In that case, you have to provide an email address where you want to receive the link.
Install Norton security software on your device
Once the Norton Installer file is successfully downloaded on your device, you are good to go to install it to your laptop or PC.
- Search for the download file, normally it’s in the download folder, but its location will be what you specified at the start of the download.
- Double click the installer file with exe extension once you have located it.
- The Installer will launch, click on the agree button for the user license agreement.
- This will kickstart the installation. It will take some time before the installation is complete.
Activate the Norton antivirus you have just installed
- You have the Norton software ready on your device but you have to activate it unlock its full feature:
- Double click the Norton security on your desktop to launch the Norton application.
- On the software application main window, go to the account section in the menu tab.
- In the account, section click on the activate option.
- The Activation dialogue box will appear. Enter the 25 digit product activation code and hit the submit button.