Wireless printing is an excellent solution for those looking to declutter their workspace and break free from the constraints of printing from a single device. With a wireless printer, you can easily connect to your mobile device, desktop or laptop without the need for messy cables. This post on how to connect your HP DeskJet 2622 to Wi-Fi will prove to be useful whether you are attempting to connect your printer for the first time or if you are experiencing issues with a previously connected wireless DeskJet 2622 printer.
Before proceeding with the Wi-Fi connection, ensure that you have the following prerequisites:
- Network information, including the network name and passcode, is readily available.
- Your router is turned on and can access the network.
- The printer is close to your router's coverage area
- Wi-Fi Direct is disabled as it may interfere with the wireless connection.
- To disable Wi-Fi Direct, press and hold the wireless button and resume button simultaneously.
Getting your Printer into Setup Mode
For first-time installation, the HP printer remains in setup mode for two hours. However, if you are reconnecting your HP DeskJet 2622, you will need to reset the network settings and configure the printer to setup mode.
- Press and hold the WiFi and cancel button simultaneously on the printer's control panel.
- Continue holding them until you see the power button begin to flash.
- Release the buttons. Your HP 2622 DeskJet printer is now in setup mode and ready to connect to Wi-Fi.
Connecting your HP DeskJet 2622 Printer to a Wi-Fi Network
To connect your HP DeskJet 2622 printer to a Wi-Fi network, follow the simple methods outlined below:
Method 1: Download and Install Printer Drivers and Software
Download and install the printer-specific drivers and software on your PC. Connect the printer to the same wireless network as that of your PC. Launch the printer software application, and on the connection screen, select wireless. Follow the instructions to complete the procedure, then close the application.
Method 2: Connect via WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
You can easily connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi using WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) connection mode:
- Press and hold the wireless button for about five seconds to enable the WPS mode.
- Press the WPS push button on your network as soon as possible because the printer will stay in WPS mode for two minutes. To activate and start a WPS connection, hold it down for two to three seconds.
- The wireless light will stop flashing, signifying a successful connection, if all goes according to plan.
Method 3: Connect via HP Smart App
- Download and install the HP Smart app from the HP download webpage if you don't already have it.
- Launch the app on your PC and click on the printer's icon located on the left panel of the screen.
- Select the "set up a new printer" option to enable the discovery mode for your wireless network.
- The app will instruct you to download and install HP printer drivers and software if they are not already installed.
- The "Continue" button should be clicked. Choose a Wi-Fi network and, if required, enter the password.
- The rest of the process is automatic, and the app will begin the setup process.
- If your printer is in Wireless setup mode, it will detect the network and connect to it seamlessly.